Saturday, October 13, 2007

What's In a Bag?-edited version

contents of my Cosmetic Bag

There are two things that happened that made me want to write about this. Maybe people who read my blog might say that this is totally shallow and useless BUT I emphasized that my blogs are shallow and entertaining (as long as we do have the same SHALLOW wave length). First, a colleague of mine said at the beginning of the school year,that there's something different with my face. I assumed she liked it. Next, is what my mother said a couple of days ago about my looking tired and haggard . She also added that maybe I might need a new beauty regimen to even the skin tone of my face.

Come on...give me a break. Make up your mind!

Relevance of this blog? Seriously readers... I has a point! Here are a few things that you'll find in my make-up kit. It's either some readers would check the links out or some readers would just make comments on how irrelevant this blog is.


1. Shiseido-Day Moisture Protection Enriched Sunscreen. It has SPF 15. I was at a Sephora looking for moisturizers when I came across this. It seems to be making wonders. Besides, moisturizer helps as a base when you apply your make-up.

2. Shiseido Pre Make-Up Cream with SPF 15. Well, I decided to get it after a year of using the moisturizer. At first you won't see the changes. Give it a few hours and you'll see how the make-up blends with with the cream. That's the secret to the "What did you do to your skin?" comment. I would've loved it if I replied with an "I'm so into BOTOX"!

3. MAC Studio Fix C4- a powder-slash -foundation combo in a compact. Slides smoothly on your face and it really does give you a perfect matte finish. I've used this for years. I think it's also time for me to get another one.

4. MAC Studio Finish Concealer NW 30- of course you need to cover the blemish that you have. I don't have perfect skin, hence, the other comment, "You look tired and your make-up doesn't compliment your skin tone". This concealer has made wonders to my skin in a camouflagy (pronounced camoufla-gee) kinda way. Hee-hee.

5.Clinique Matte Lipstick, Pink Chocolate 16- I've never used lipstick. I was actually happy not wearing any at all years ago, then I used lip balm, then to this. This red matte actually brings out your pucker lips. Quite good especially when people aren't really used to you wearing make-up. Alert: the color really stands out. Clinique has more subtle colors depending really on your taste.

These things are the basic stuff in my bag.

Reflection: Should I be changing the products I mentioned? I'm quite happy with my simple and sheer make-up. When people see me, it's as if I don't wear any make-up. But honestly, if you see me apply these things, that's really a lot of gunk put on one's face, don't you think?

Well, the ultimate beauty regimen is for ALL of us to get a good night's rest and drink lots if water . There's really no such thing as a Beauty Regimen.

Btw Mom, I know you meant well.:)

No comments: