Saturday, October 13, 2007

My Top 10 Facts About Whole Foods


This organic shop found all over the US has made me a huge fan. It first started when I went shopping with my aunt in New Jersey. This store is my type of store because of the variety of foods they have and how earth-friendly they are. From organic toilet paper, to shampoo, to hair gel, the shop has never ceased to amaze me. You can leave me here for hours and I'd still ask for more time. The downside of the store though is that it's a little bit pricey. The pricey bit of it guarantees you the best quality of everything. For us, who have a tight budget, we can always consider shopping in Whole Foods as a treat once in a while.

So here goes my TOP 10:

1. Place-best Whole Foods, in my opinion , is Austin. Having three levels, this would give you enough time to discover new things.

2. Coffee- 100% Organic Kona. It's the real McCoy. You won't find it in the Coffee Area, wherein newly roasted beans are out there waiting for you guys to grind them. Nope, you find the gem in the coffee isle, comfortably hidden in a nice cheese cloth bag. What Alan usually does is get the coffee, go to the mediocre coffee section and grind it over there. Another substitute if they're out of Kona is the Sumatra blend. Mmmm....

3. Sticky Toffee Pudding- I got this from the British-ness of Alan. We just stumbled (yeah right) in the dessert section and came across the ready made pudding. Alan insisted that it was "lush". He was right , alright. The taste was to die for. A very addicting dessert. You microwave the entire thing for 40 seconds and voila...heaven!

4. Burt Bee's Products- i can assure you that the 100% bee's wax products work. I once used their foot cream. The thick consistency of the cream reminded me so much of coco jam. A couple of days with the product and you'll definitely feel and see a difference.

5. Organic Chips-these chips are all sorts of crops. From taro, to yams of all colors, to sweet potato, to radishes. I can't explain how it tastes but it definitely is a good and healthy alternative as opposed to the cholesterol culprit, potato chips. They come in different flavors too.

6. soups-they have different soup sections in different areas of the store. depending on what you're up to, you can actually have a free sample of the soup. the one i tasted and bought was lobster bisque. divine.

7. wine-although i've never bought wine here, they have hundreds of it. going through each one of them, pretending to be a connoisseur makes my day.don't forget the ...

8. cheese-yes, wine and cheese go together. And when there's wine, there's cheese. And when there's cheese, there are free samples again. Try the aged cheddar. They usually leave slices out for the customers to taste along with soda crackers.

9. food section-so many different kinds of food, so little time. name it, they have it. it really depends on what you're feeling that day. if you're in whole foods during rush hour, you'll see a crowd with their "to go" packs. they have this huge and healthy selection that sometimes seeing all of it just makes you crave for more.

10. ambiance-sometimes you feel that everyone in the store is there for a cause. If not, they're all into having an alternative lifestyle. Totally organic, totally "Save the Earth", totally hipp-y. La-dee-dah.

Well, it seems like I've over emphasized on the freebies. That's the thing that got me hooked in the first place. Don't worry, I bought some of the top 10 products I mentioned. Totally satisfied.
See you Whole Foods shopping...NOW!

No comments: