Sunday, October 14, 2007

Shopping Galore


Guess what? El Paso has opened an Outlet Mall a week ago. Yeepee! Did you know that the nearest outlet mall that I actually go to is 8 hours away? So hurray that my traveling will be cut in half. Yes, dear folks, civilization is four hours away from where I live.

So, the deal with an Outlet Mall is---cheaper stuff during the holidays, bargains when you're out of money (although I don't know if an Outlet Mall is really a reason that we'd be saving money), and just traditional shopping for those who really enjoy it. Right, Alan? No more traveling to San Marcos.

The last time I was in El Paso was around September and I never heard that this was going on. The selection of shops are actually the same shops in other Outlet Malls...so, not bad!

Relevance of the blog: According to the Social Studies Textbook that I've been using to teach 3rd Graders, the Outlet Mall has something to do with Supply and Demand. With the growing population of El Paso, along with the hundreds of "across the bridge" visitors who also enjoy shopping, the city has to supply their people with their needs. Wal-mart isn't enough! People nowadays are going upscale (insert sarcasm). Bwahahaha! And for those who live in little towns like me, we all need a reason to escape and wash away our sorrows...by spending our hard earned money through shopping (don't forget---upscale shopping---again, insert sarcasm).

Tadah!

P.S.
We all love shopping!

No comments: