Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Wedding Escapade Series-MINISTER

Okay...what's Hugh Hefner doing on my blog? At one time, Alan and I thought that the minister we were dealing with was a Hugh Hefner look alike. Seriously!

Day 2
November 21, 2007

We had a meeting with the minister at around 10:30 and it was quite a long trip because he was from La Porte. La Porte was actually closer to Galveston than Kingwood.

In all honesty, I found the minister online and obviously since I don't know anyone in the Houston area I gave the website a shot and asked the fiance to contact them. I won't be putting their website as a link for I have actually mocked him a little bit by showing a Hugh Hefner photo. I am to blame here.

I knew that something was already fishy when I saw the town. I was like thinking, who would actually be conducting services over here. Then, as we neared the place, it looked so "un"holy because it turns out that the minister we were checking out was actually a real estate agent. Hmmm...it doesn't sound right at all. To make things worse, the office building was closed and fliers of all the houses the minister was selling were posted outside his office.

Suddenly, you see a man driving a shiny black top-down sports car waving to Alan. (Hmmm, my eyebrows arched again--this time higher!) Alan immediately tells me that the guy who was over speeding was him. No f$%&$"g way!!!!

Man in sports car tells us that the minister will be late but he is also another minister in the company. Something was very wrong here. The bright side of this was that the man in the sports car was very friendly. Told us about how he became a minister and how he got his certificate online. Okay, you decide...should we get him or not?

Minutes after, a man in dirty clothes, a cowboy hat, and a cowboy accent enters the room. Introduces himself as the minister and sits on his leather chair. We wanted to run there and then, but still being polite, we continued having a conversation with him. I couldn't help but notice that the minister actually had a tattoo on his right arm and a diamond earring on his left ear. Alan on the other hand noticed the clicking sound of his false teeth that bothered him to bits. Since he was already turned-off with the entire thing, all he heard was, "click, click,click".

(Add the diamond earring, cowboy hat, and lightnin' tattoo)

That's it! Who really needed signs? No way on earth would we be getting him or sports car guy to officiate our wedding. It felt like the solemnity and importance of our upcoming wedding would just be put to waste if they were handling it. It wasn't their personality that turned us off. It was more of how they presented themselves to their clients. Do you actually think that I'd be proud telling all of you that the Hugh Hefner look alike or the sports car guy officiated my wedding?

I felt so relieved leaving the place. Luckily, our official photographer (which I'll be blogging about next ) recommended someone who officiates weddings.

Now, we have a reason to make fun of our adventure. Totally hilarious.

May God understand why I wrote about this and may we be led to the right person who will handle our wedding ceremony perfectly.


***Note: This is not to ridicule the minister nor his company.



No comments: