Tuesday, November 6, 2007

THE ONE


I've come across this blog written by a thirty year old woman. The blog started with the question," How do you know you've met the one?". Recently, I've been bombarded with negative things about married life including stories about being unfaithful due to not having strong feelings for the partner. Since I'm Miss In-love with Love, I'll try my very best to negate the negative things I'm hearing into a positive. Think math (a negative and a negative make it a positive)! I'm still not affected by all these negative things. I still have a positive outlook in love no matter how screwed up the stories I've been hearing are. To prove a point, I asked "the fiance" about this.

This is what he said:

"It's not about not having strong, crazy feelings for someone (this is a little bit edited but the gist is intact) or being inlove, it's about making a marriage work."

Then, while reading the blog I've mentioned earlier, the blogger asked her Mr. Right the same thing..."How do you know you've met the one?"

Here's what he said:

"There is no ONE. No one that exists out there in pure form, in spiritual perfection, in theoretical bliss. We make it the one every single day…in what we say to each other, in how we treat each other, in what we do together. On dog walks and in car rides, over dinners and through disagreements. So stop looking for some theoretical one out there in never-never land. And agree to make this the one, each and every day, with me."

Very well said. I rest my case.

No comments: