Sunday, September 13, 2009

The Day!

The day has arrived. It was March 6, 2009 and Alan and myself started to go to Big Bend Regional as early as 6:00 AM. We decided to stay overnight instead of driving an hour and a half from Presidio.

I was scared and at the same time so excited because I'd be meeting my son on this day. For the past few days though, it seemed like he was also ready to meet me because he just kept punching, kicking, and moving.

My favorite nurse, Sheila, welcomed me and put me in the room. I loved that room because of its interior and view from the outside ( mountains). Again, the usual routine of checking my BP, the baby's heartbeat, my urine, my blood, etc.

They basically started inducing me at around 8:00 in the morning. Sad part, I fell asleep.


At around 12 noon, I was completely dilated which was 10cm. I think my nurse was impressed that I dilated fast and in a few minutes, the doctor broke my water and I was ready to have William.

Damn, it was getting more painful by the second and the anesthesiologist was taking so long. I remember banging my head on Alan's hand. She came, gave me the prick. I was numb.

Push, push, push, and more push. At 3:47 my life immediately changed. My angel was born, my life, my little one, my little lion...William Isaac.

I am now a MOM!

No comments: